(Post updated by AndreColliso... 10:28 21-03-2009)
The demand for outsourced cleaning services is not news, business establishments such as private offices, schools, hospitals, warehouses, and stores know that the cleanliness of their spaces is essential in keeping their own customers. The need for cleaning services has grown explosively though because of the rise in cost cutting practices and the increasing awareness of businesses that an outsourced cleaning company could take care of their cleaning needs better and more cost efficiently than having their own janitors.
Instead of keeping a maintenance crew as regular employees with benefits and salaries to be taken care of, more business managements have realized the convenience of just hiring an outside crew that can take care of these things on their own. Moreover, the practice of hiring an outside cleaning company proves to be more cost and time efficient. Aside from maintaining the spotlessness, they can choose the time schedule and duration of the cleaning tasks. They can decide on an after office cleaning schedule so that there will be no distractions from vacuum noise all over the office during working hours.
How will this work to your advantage? Start a cleaning service and you will find out just how profitable it can be for you. Rather than keeping to the schedules of a normal office, you can be your own boss and manage your own time. The world of cleaning will not require you to have exceptional talent but can give you the financial freedom that you want.
In order to effectively start your own commercial cleaning business though, you will need guidance. What do you need to start your own cleaning business?
1. The will to clean. Itís a job, although not very glamorous, which means it will let you rake in profits for yourself and your needs. If you have a limited knowledge on cleaning, step up your skills to a more professional level by researching on different methods of cleaning. You can get tips and advise through the internet on how to clean different areas of the office, different furniture, and the different equipment and cleaning solutions you need to use.
2. The energy to start it up. In starting a cleaning company, you will need to follow procedure just like any other business. You will need to get a license, register your business, and get insurance policies. These are essential for you to have a legal business venture.
3. The tenacity to research. You cannot just start a commercial cleaning business without knowing what your market is going to be like. You need to know who your market is, your competition, and the prices you can charge.
4. The tools you need for your cleaning tasks. There are various tools and equipment you need to start cleaning away. Although you can start with just a vacuum, a few rags, and an all purpose cleaner, it would be better to arm yourself with a few other tools that might be required.
5. The marketing strategy. You need a workable marketing technique. How do you plan on getting clients? You can start by distributing brochures and business cards or making phone calls. However which way you want to advertise, you will need to list it down in an organized manner.
For more: http://www.howtostartcleaningservice.com