HSBC is recruiting a Mortgage and Protection Manager in London, UK!
Back to Career Advice forum
(Post updated by Express2014 10:58 30-04-2014)
The Mortgage and Protection Manager role within our branch network is to establish and grow our Mortgage and Protection business. You will support a Branch Manager by providing a professional mortgage and protection advice service to both new and existing customers in line with the Bank's policy on treating customers fairly (TCF). The role is expected to deliver a high quality, customer driven, sales focused service by identifying customer needs for Mortgage, Life Protection and General Insurance products providing advice, and selling products and services to meet those needs. The jobholder is responsible for planning, implementing and achieving targets in relation to sales performance, quality service and sales activity.
To be considered for this role, you must hold a full CeMAP qualification or equivalent. In addition, it is desirable if you have passed the CII RO1 (Financial Services, Regulations and Ethics) module; however this is not an essential requirement for the role.
If you are successful for this role, you will be required to complete the CII RO5 (Financial Protection) module within the first 12 months in the role.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Meet customers' needs for Mortgage, Life Protection and General Insurance products, helping customers achieve a mortgage package that is fully tailored to their individual needs.
• Identify and meet customers' wider protection needs and provide continuous service to ensure protection products provided remain suitable for the customer.
• Provide training/development of lead generators in the Mortgage arena.
• Recognise the wider financial planning needs of individual customers and make referrals to other areas of the bank, where the customers' wider needs can be met.
• Proactively develop and strengthen customer relationships and, in doing so, generate new business responsibly.
In addition to the qualifications described above, the ideal candidate will have experience that will support them in:
• Communicating confidently and professionally with customers and branch colleagues.
• Seeking out and building on effective working relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of the immediate business area.
• Spending time training branch employees to ensure they are all fully aware of all protection, mortgage and mortgage related products as well as coaching branch employees to generate quality appointments.
• Remaining calm when faced with challenging or demanding situations.
• Keeping up to date with all protection, mortgage and mortgage related products and any related financial issues, as well as with competitor products so that honest and fair comparisons can be made when requested.
• Staying in touch with existing customers to ensure they are happy with their product and to maximise the chance of additional referrals.
Proactively managing financial and non-financial risks and promoting HSBC's balanced risk culture.
• Delivering satisfactory compliance and quality measures.
• Being self motivated and proactive in tracking sales targets and figures to ensure that all personal and team sales targets in mortgages, life protection and general insurance products are achieved.
- Wealth Management.
-Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
- Day Job