Reporting into the CFO, and working closely with the
head of financial planning and analysis, this is a newly created role
arising from the need to strengthen and increase the finance function to
meet the needs of the new ownership and financing. This is a fantastic
opportunity for an individual to set the culture post acquisition and
work closely with the senior leadership team and the private equity
owners. The Financial Controller will manage a team of fifteen
encompassing qualified and part qualified accountants, a credit control
supervisor and two payroll staff.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller role include:
• Financial reporting for the board and investors accurately, completely and promptly.
Financial reporting for lenders accurately and promptly, including
testing financial covenants and preparation of compliance certificates.
• Statutory reporting and filing requirements.
• Ensure the group operates effective financial controls
• Liaison with the group's external auditors for timely completion of the annual audit.
• Payroll and VAT returns, compliant with HMRC legislation.
• Draft tax computations and liaison with group tax advisers.
• Contributing to company projects requiring finance input.
• Continuously improve financial and administrative processes.
Continuously improve the quality of the financial control team -
ensuring appropriate staffing; cover and internal career development.
• Supervision of credit control function in conjunction with Credit Control Supervisor.
• Supporting all areas of the business in integrating acquisitions.
Who we're looking for
Who we're looking for
The skills and knowledge required for the Financial Controller role include:
• ACA qualified, ideally from a big four or a top ten practice with excellent academics
• Manager/senior manager within practice or ACA qualified with post qualification experience within industry
• Up to date knowledge and experience of statutory reporting
• Experience of leading, mentoring and developing a team
Previous private equity experience, experience of auditing private
equity or working in a similar reporting environment is highly desirable
• Individual with proven experience of being a Financial Controller or FD in a smaller business
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
About our client
Addison Lee is Europe's largest premium minicab company with over
15,000 corporate clients, including over 50% of the FTSE100 companies
and many of the world's leading financial institutions and accounting,
legal and consulting firms. With state of the art technology and a fleet
of 4,500 vehicles we successfully complete over ten million journeys
What's on offer
£100,000 - 125,000 with bonus and other benefits
Please apply here