Saïd Business School is recruiting Finance Director in Oxford, UK!
Back to Career Advice forum
Updated May 27, 2014
As a key member of the School's management team you will contribute actively to its strategic planning, decision making and risk management.
• Provide leadership of the School's finance function, as well as that of its commercial subsidiary, OSBS Ltd, in support of the School's world-class ambitions
• Lead and deliver the School's financial planning, including its capital expenditure strategy and budgeting and forecasting activity
• Provide insightful strategic analysis of financial data to ensure that decision making is informed by robust financial information
• Work with the Dean and COO on a range of strategic financial matters, including long term planning
• Ensure proper, efficient and robust accounting and financial management controls, policies and procedures are in place
• Provide strong leadership for the finance function, acting as a role model and overseeing the finance team's ongoing development
• Champion change and drive forward new standards of service provision across the finance function
• Monitor and analyse financial performance, ensuring that opportunities to maximise resources and/or cost savings are identified
• Develop rigorous business cases and proposals for investment
• Maintain and monitor the School's risk register, asset register, insurance, procurement and business continuity planning
• Act as a key point of contact on all financial matters regarding the school, both internally and externally
The role requires close, regular interaction with senior academic and administrative staff, as well as with colleagues across the University. The ability to build effective, reciprocal relationships and networks with key stakeholders is therefore crucial.
Who we're looking for:
Saïd Business School are looking for a bright, graduate calibre, qualified accountant who is comfortable leading and developing a high-performing finance team.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Successful financial management and leadership experience in a senior role overseeing a high-quality finance function within a sizeable, complex organisation
• A track record of having built and led a finance function through the effective management and development of a skilled team of professionals
• Evidence of having improved a finance function through the development and implementation of high-quality processes and controls
• Success in a highly demanding and complex environment, demonstrating intellectual rigour, the ability to think strategically and the readiness to work collaboratively
• Experience in the private sector combined with good working knowledge of either the public or education sectors
You will combine being highly numerate and financially fluent with well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal. It is expected that you will have strong financial, intellectual and strategic acumen and have the ability to build relationships and influence staff at all levels. As a member of the senior management team you will be a strong leader with gravitas and high levels of personal effectiveness. You must have a strong commitment to high levels of customer service.
What's on offer:
For further info, apply or phone on +44 20 7831 2000. Job Ref: 13375305
Your application will be sent to Daniel Yates.
About our client
Saïd Business School is a globally renowned and innovative business school, that has rapidly established itself as one of Europe's leading centres for management education and research. It is part of Oxford University, which, in addition to having an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence in research and teaching, is also one of Europe's most innovative and entrepreneurial universities.
Saïd Business School offers a range of post-graduate programmes and a significant and growing portfolio of custom, open programmes and accredited diplomas for executives. They are an international and outward looking school that is growing rapidly. The School is generally recognised as one of the top business schools in the world and has a vision to be 'a world-class business school community, embedded in a world-class University, tackling world-scale problems'.
Apply here: http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/5119-d4-fa-63-a61813